CSU's Bachelor of Computer Science (with specialisation) is a dynamic course that will equip you to become an expert programmer. You will graduate with the skills to take a software application from concept to reality in object-oriented programming, games programming and the development of apps for mobile and other devices.
Applicants for the Bachelor of Computer Science must meet the following Admission Requirements:
* A completed High School Certificate (or equivalent) with an ATAR equal to 65 (including adjustment factors) or greater.
* A Higher School Certificate (or equivalent) with results of 60% or higher in subjects in the Software Development, English and Mathematics areas.
* For recent school leavers, a report from the School Principal, equivalent to that used in the School Recommendation Scheme (SRS), recommending the applicant as well-suited for university study.
* Successful study at University level of at least two subjects in any area, as long as the subjects are full university level.
* A completed Vocational Education and Training (VET) Certificate III or higher in Information Technology (including any specialisation of Information Technology), studied at a TAFE or Registered Training Organisation (RTO) or AQF equivalent Certificate IV in an area related to Information Technology.
* Two years relevant professional IT work experience (i. e. in areas such as programmer, analyst, systems administration, help desk, network support but NOT clerical roles such as data entry or secretarial) demonstrated by a detailed resume.
English Language Proficiency
Minimum CSU English Language Proficiency Requirements apply.
How to apply
Apply direct to CSU
Are you a non-school leaver or do you want to study online?
Graduate satisfaction and employment outcomes for Computing & Information Systems courses at Charles Sturt University (CSU).