Admission to this course is on the basis of the following criteria:
- a secondary education qualification such as the NSW Higher School Certificate (including national and international equivalents). An ATAR of 99.95 or equivalent is required.
- an assessment process including a written assessment and a panel discussion.
- English language requirements where these are not demonstrated by sufficient qualifications taught in English.
You are only eligible for admission to the first available course intake following receipt of your final results. If your results are not available in time to be considered for the 2019 intake (ie prior to the issue of invitations to the January 2019 assessment), you may be eligible to apply for the 2020 intake. Assessment dates are not negotiable and eligible candidates must attend the first assessment day after the release of their ATAR results. For more information on the application process and timeline, visit sydney.edu.au/medicine/study/md/double-degrees.php.
Admission pathways are open to domestic applicants on the basis of equity or other adjustment factors, including for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants (a minimum ATAR of 90 to be considered) and E12 applicants (a minimum ATAR of 99.5 to be considered). Eligible applicants will be invited to attend the assessment process after ATAR results are released. For details, visit admission pathways.Prerequisites
Mathematics (equivalent of band 4 in the NSW HSC subject Mathematics* or band E3 in Mathematics Extension 1 or 2) from 2019, if you are completing a senior secondary (year 12) qualification in Australia. For details including equivalent requirements for other qualifications, visit Mathematics course prerequisites.
*The subject requirement refers to Mathematics (not Mathematics General or Mathematics Standard), or Mathematics Advanced which will be first examined in the NSW HSC in 2020.
QuotaTimeline for 2019 admission
Each year, up to 30 domestic and 10 international places can be offered for the DDMP.
- All dates below are subject to change
- Times and dates listed are Sydney, Australia time
- Last updated: 20 August 2018
- Wed 1 August 2018: E12 applications open.
- Tue 18 September 2018: Assessment via Skype for international applicants
- Fri 28 September 2018: Close of on time UAC applications; E12 applications close
- Wed 31 October 2018: Close of international direct applications to the University
- Fri 14 December 2018: ATARs released; close of adding the BSc/MD as a preference to be considered for the Assessment on 17 Dec
- Sun 16 December 2018: Change of preference closing date for UAC December Round 2
- Mon 17 December 2018: Assessment day - assessment dates are not negotiable and eligible candidates must attend the first assessment day after the release of their ATAR results.
- Thu 20 December 2018: UAC December Round 2 offers released
- Tue 15 January 2019: Close of adding the BSc/MD as a preference to be considered for the Assessment on 21 January
- Mon 21 Jan 2019: Change of preference closing date for UAC January Round 2; Assessment day - assessment dates are not negotiable and eligible candidates must attend the first assessment day after th