Domestic Applicants who have recently completed secondary education
- This course uses ATAR and equivalent ranks as part of the admission process.
- Applicants are ranked by ATAR and offers made based on the number of places available. Applicants who have recently completed senior secondary studies but have not received an ATAR may still be eligible for admission.
Domestic Applicants with higher education study
- Completed a course at Associate Degree level or higher at any Australian higher education provider (or an equivalent overseas qualification); or
- Completed at least two units of study (equivalent to 25 UTAS credit points) of a course at Associate Degree level (or an equivalent overseas qualification). If you have failed any units your application may be subject to further review before an offer is made; or
- Completed the UTAS Diploma of University Studies; or
- Completed the UTAS University Preparation Program, or an equivalent enabling program offered by another Australian university.
Domestic applicants with VET / TAFE study To be eligible for an offer, you must have completed:
- A completed VET Certificate III or higher.
Domestic Applications on the basis of work or life experience
If you have not successfully completed senior secondary, tertiary or TAFE/VET study, but have relevant work and life experience you can complete a personal competency statement. You may be eligible for an offer if you have work and life experiences that demonstrate a capacity to succeed in this course.
If your ability to access or participate in education has been affected by circumstances beyond your control, you can apply for special consideration as part of your application. We will consider a range of factors for special consideration, including economic hardship, a serious medical condition or disability.
We can only approve applications for special consideration where we are confident that you have the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in your studies. If your application is not approved, the admissions team will work with you to find the best alternative pathway to your chosen course. Special consideration is not available for international applicants.
This course is currently not offered to international students.