An applicant must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy that includes meeting a minimum ATAR requirement.
In addition applicants will be required to demonstrate suitability for teaching;
All applicants need to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements as defined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed the following prerequisites at year 12 level, or equivalent.Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
- Prerequisites: Nil
- Assumed Knowledge: Studies in English (T);
For Mathematics major or minor: Mathematic Studies (T)
- Prerequisites: Nil
- Assumed Knowledge: A minimum of three Band 5 HSC results, including one in English
Two units of Mathematics Band 4
For a Mathematics major or minor: Mathematics Advanced or Mathematics Extension 1 or 2
Note: This course is structured to allow applicants to meet the three Band 5 entry requirements within the degree program by including a full year of discipline studies before applicants study how to teach
- Prerequisites: English (Units 3 & 4, C); General Mathematics, Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C)
For a Mathematics major or minor : Mathematical Methods
- Prerequisites: English: Units 3 and 4 - a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English; Mathematics: Units 1 and 2 - two units (any study combination with a minimum score of 25) of General Mathematics or Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics or Units 3 and 4 (any Mathematics).
For a Mathematics major or minor: Units 3 and 4: Mathematical Methods
- Recommended Studies:
Music discipline: AMEB Grade VI or Year 12 Practical Music
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants may be selected following an interview with the course coordinator and staff of the campus Indigenous Higher Education Unit. They should have:
- minimum of three years' work experience; or
- of year 12 or equivalent; or
- demonstrated relevant tertiary study skills or successful completion of a Tertiary Communication Skills program.
Any other requirements:
- Students must pass all professional experience components, including professional experience embedded within units.
- Requirements for working with children: All students enrolled must have the appropriate approvals before they may enter a classroom. These are: Blue Card (Qld) or Working with Children Check (ACT, NSW and Victoria). International students must bring police check documentation from their own countries. To meet the requirements for working in settings other than schools, a National Police Check may be required. All students who have lived in another country for 12 months or more must provide a police check from that country for that period.
Students are required to follow the pattern of unit enrolment set out in the relevant Course Enrolment Guide, unless otherwise approved by the Course Coordinator. In all aspects of progress through the course, students will be advised by the Course Coordinator.
*Disclaimer: The Course entry requirements above are for 2021 Admission. Refer to your relevant Tertiary Admission Centre website for future years' entry requirements.