For this programme you will need the following:
- 42 credits at NCEA Level 3 or higher including:
- 14 credits in two different approved subjects, and;
- 14 credits from up to two subjects (approved or non-approved);
- 8 credits at NCEA Level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Maori (4 in reading, 4 in writing);
- 14 credits in NCEA Level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau;
- Consent to a Safety Check which meets the requirements of the Children Act 2014 (formerly known as the Vulnerable Children's Act) including:
If you don't meet the academic criteria above, we have a range of Foundation and Bridging Education programmes which will help you prepare for further academic study.
Once you've applied online, you'll be invited to attend a Selection Day where we'll take you through the rest of the application process.
If English is not your first language you will also need one or more of the following:
- NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance;
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency;
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years.
If you don't meet the English criteria above, we have a range of English Language programmes available, depending on your current level of ability.
If you don't meet these requirements, you may still apply under special or discretionary entrance.
For more information download the programme regulations: