Entry Requirements Reveal content for Entry Requirements
English (4, SA), or equivalent; Maths A, B or C (4, SA), or equivalent.
All applicants must provide a mandatory written statement in support of your non-academic capabilities, demonstrating you hold the key attributes and motivations to become an effective teacher, as outlined by AITSL (Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership).
In your written statement you will need to provide details on:
· Why you are interested in becoming a teacher,
· Why you believe teaching is a great career choice,
· Your involvement in personal learning and leadership activities,
· Your participation in community or volunteering activities that promote learning.
Further information on what is specifically required will be provided during the application process.
English Proficiency Requirements
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, or United States of America you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion within the last 5 years of:
· a secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
· bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 1 year fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores as below.
· An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 7.5 overall with a minimum 7.0 for Reading and Writing and 8.0 for Speaking and Listening; or
· An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study with CQUniversity, and must appear on a single result certificate.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Security RequirementsNo information available at this time.Health RequirementsNo information available at this time.Assumed KnowledgeNIL