English language requirements
All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements.
Selection is competitive and meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee selection.
Entry requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Paramedicine or equivalent
- AHPRA Registration: Evidence of AHPRA registration with no conditions or restrictions
- Clinical paramedic practice: Evidence of three years (FTE) clinical practice (on road clinical experience as a qualified paramedic within an ambulance service) post qualification. This does not include student placements nor graduate year(s). A signed letter from your Manager/Employer confirming clinical experience is required.
- Supporting Documentation is encouraged to assist with the application assessment and ranking:
- Personal Statement (information demonstrating motivations, commitment, and interest in the course)
Please note: copies of transcripts, AHPRA registration, and evidence of clinical practice MUST be uploaded with your application
If your application has been assessed as meeting the entry requirements it will be placed into a pool of eligible applications. Offers for this course will then be made in rounds, as noted below. Your application will be considered in the next available round of offers and if successful, you'll receive an letter offering you a place in the course. Offer rounds will continue until all places in the course are filled.
- 16 November 2020
- 7 December 2020
- 18 January 2021
Doctor of Advanced Clinical Practice (Paramedicine Practitioner)
Applicants who wish to undertake the extended masters program must possess a Master of Advanced Clinical Practice (Paramedicine Practitioner) or equivalent with a minimum WAM of 65%, and registration with AHPRA with no conditions or restrictions, and three years full-time (or equivalent) clinical experience as a paramedic.
Deakin University offers admission to postgraduate courses through a number of Admission categories.